Membership in BQS is wide and includes:
National and international accreditation bodies
Ministries of Education
Companies/NGO on QA in Management development and education
Individuals who are interested in quality assurance and standards
Our Objectives for membership
- To encourage QA excellence and specialist expertise in both individuals and organizations .
- To help members achieve their personal aspirations, fulfill their ambitions and develop their innate potential in QA .
- To support lifelong learning and encourage education in QA and specialist areas for individual and institutions .
- To give professional recognition to the knowledge and skills of managers and specialists of QA
- To Assist the Quality Assurance of the members through code of conduct and practice .
There are different categories of membership
Accredited institutional Membership
To gain accredited membership an education higher institution must be recognized by the country ministry of education, royal charter or recognized by agencies of these bodies :
- BQF - Institutions recognized under the ballsbridge qualification framework will be a full accredited institutional member
- UNESCO IAU members - academic institution recognized by IAU can apply for accredited institutional membership .
- Professional Body- Approved institutions from a recognized professional body would be eligible to an accredited institutional Member
- Corporate Membership - BQS approved corporate body would be eligible to participate as a recognized accredited institutional member.
- Recognized Agencies - Institutions recognized by BQS recognized agencies would be eligible to accredited institutional member .
Individual Professional Membership
The individual membership consist of the fellow membership and and honorable member is free . The grade is only available for high quality expert and they would constantly review institutions or vote to remove institution during misconduct or if institution is not a role model or having bad reputation .
Fellow - FBQS (Dip.FBQS) or FICP
Applicants should have completed one of the following: Specialised Master of Management Degree or NQF Level 7 chartered Quality professional and senior management courses. Senior professionals with at least five years experience holding chartered professional qualifications may also be accepted. This professional grade FICP is provide by the institute of chartered professionals
Doctorate- Dicp (Dip.DICP)
Doctor of Management graduate, QCF Level 8 and those in a senior management or specialist position. Current BQS Fellows currently working in a senior management position may also be accepted. This professional Grade is granted by the institute of chartered professionals
Honorable member -FBQS(HON) (Dip HON)
The honorable member is granted to an expert in quality assurance with a high level of experience . They are either fellows or doctoral members or selected from high profile individual . The membership is free and would constantly review institutional membership and vote for their accreditation or removal .
Individual Membership Applicants will be assessed on their Education, Training, Knowledge, Skill and Experience and responsibility. Due consideration will be given to those who are qualified only by practical experience. There are many people who, through no fault of their own, have not had the opportunity to gain academic qualifications during their careers. These people may also apply for membership based on their own individual merits, practical experience and position.
Membership of BQS will confer the following benefits:
- Use of the appropriate designatory letters and membership diploma .
- Professional status and recognition.
- Use of BQS logo on their websites without restriction
- Progression on to a Higher Degree programme in QA .
- Free twice yearly online E-Journal
- Free advert in the journal and fetchpoodle search engine when seeking a new position.
- Free advert in the journaland fetchpoodle search engine when recruiting for your company.
- Doctorate Member - GBP 150.00
- Fellow member- 100
- Honorable Fellow Member - GBP FREE
- Institutional Accredited Member - GBP 200.00
- Institional Member - GBP 250.00
- Corporate member - GBP 3000.00
- Honorable Member- free
BQS provides its services and/or products to all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, disability, gender, or sexual orientation.
BQS makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of information found in its publications and on its web sites, it assumes no responsibility for the authenticity, accuracy or validity of opinions expressed and represented therein. Links to external web sites do not constitute endorsements of products or services. Accordingly, the BQS cannot be held liable for any damages resulting from its programs, activities, print materials or electronic communications.
Copyright © 2011 Board of Qualilty Standards . All rights reserved.